Athenora Consulting is a leading independent European public affairs firm based in Brussels. We bring a unique expertise in EU affairs to the Public Relations Global Network.
The European institutions’ actions impact business environment worldwide. EU policies cover all aspects of the economy, including energy, environment, finance, health and safety, consumers affairs, transports, intellectual property, data protection, food issues, trade …
Athenora’s team has the know-how to design a successful EU strategy that help our client to protect their business and participate to the drafting of future laws. Our team has over a decade of experience working with the EU institutions.
We deliver to our clients tailor-made services. To this end, our team is trained to analyse our clients’ legislative and regulatory environment and to monitor developments at the EU level. our highly performing monitoring system relies also on our large network of key contacts in Brussels which allows us to get golden information.
We help our client to put across an effective message and shape expectations to be influential within the EU decision-making process. We design with our client the most efficient and creative lobbying strategy to improve their reputation, to manage EU issues, to work with stakeholders. We also build and manage large alliances to increase our clients’ influence.
Athenora is member of the French association of lobbyists (AFCL) and a board member of the European association of lobbyists (EPACA).
Athenora’s President, Stéphane Desselas, is a lecturer in various conferences and seminars including universities such as the French school of political science in Paris.
Dedicated to helping businesses find their way in the EU complex arena, Athenora is known for the books we wrote on successful EU lobbying.
- Consumer Affairs
- Employment and Social Affairs
- Financial services
- Information Society
- Internal Market
- Public Health
- Public utilities
- EU affairs management and monitoring
- Interest positioning and awareness
- Advocacy and institutional communication
- Creation and management of alliances
- Regulatory analysis
- Strategic planning/counsel
- Media relations
- Special events
- EU training
Managing director and Partner
Natacha Clarac is managing director of Athenora Consulting. For a decade, she has provided political briefings, training programmes and consulting advices to various clients in order to raise their voice in the EU arena with adequate tools and the right message. Over the years she designed and carried out many lobbying campaigns on behalf of clients, giving her a very comprehensive expertise of lobbying at European level. She has also developed specific tools for coalition building and alliances.
- E: email@example.com
- P:00 32 2 280 28 01
President and CEO
Stéphane Desselas is the founder and President of Athenora consulting. Specialist of the EU decision making process, he advices his clients to more effectively influence public policy through tailored-made strategies. He has been active in Brussels since 1994 as a legal advisor and consultant for many big businesses and as Secretary General of a European Federation.
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- P:00 32 2 280 28 01
- "We agency know-how was instrumental in demonstrating, across key French wine markets, the unmatched benefits of natural cork. Their understanding of the issues shaping complex narratives is top-notch!"Carlos de Jesus, Director of Marketing & Communications Amorim Group
- “The team at Lewis Public Relations understands what makes the Elliott's brand special. As a result, they've been able to quickly contribute to our communications activities, assisting us in keeping our brand of 64 years strong and relevant in today's rapidly changing retail business environment.”Andrea Bond Spencer, Elliott’s Hardware
- “Coast Communications has during such a long period as nearly a decade, demonstrated high competence and created very positive results in its communications and PR-work for Sparbanken Öresund! They have acted full service agency including the production of no less than 8 annual reports in digital and print versions.”Christina Elwing, Information and marketing director, Saving bank Öresundsbanken
- “I’m absolutely happy about our decision a year ago to start working with Goodwill.”György Dudás, KELER Zrt. (Hungary’s Central Clearinghouse and Depository Agency)
- "Whatever LCI said they would do, they did - exceeding expectations and generating strategic results."Kathy Paver, PIER 39