InClinica is a contract research organization (CRO) that leads companies through clinical trials. It was formed when private equity firm Velocity Fund Partners, which invests in life sciences / healthcare / pharma companies, purchased an existing CRO and rebranded it.
InClinica is headquartered in suburban Philadelphia (serviced by Buchanan Public Relations), but has a strong presence in Malaysia. The Malaysian office had several opportunities for which it needed PR support, including the office’s grand opening and upcoming conferences, as well as establishing the company as an industry leader in southeast Asia.
Buchanan PR introduced InClinica’s Malaysian contacts to the team in the Kuala Lumpur office at Mileage Communications and provided strategic guidance for the short-term project. Following the introduction, members from both InClinica and Mileage held an in-person meeting to discuss strategies and develop a plan. Objectives included:
- Creating awareness and buzz surrounding the opening of its new KL office / APAC HQ and expansion plans moving forward; highlight InClinica’s advisory board, publicize local partnerships and select product launches and raise the profile of Executive Vice President and Managing Director, Jeffrey Scott Yablon
- Improving branding and positioning of InClinica
- Building and maintaining good relations with stakeholders, relevant industry partners, media, regulators, government agencies, industry watchdogs and the general public
In order to meet these objectives, Mileage provided media relations support (media kit, news releases, interview coordination, media monitoring) and event management (press briefings, program development, on-site facilitation).
The project spanned four months and was deemed successful. The team achieved:
- A grand opening event attended by 250 people, including members of the media
- Nine interview opportunities for Executive Vice President and Managing Director, Jeffrey Scott Yablon
- 5 articles in business publications, 1 radio interview, and 1 television interview