Why Become a Member in PRGN?
The Public Relations Global Network is an international organization of leading independent, owner-run agencies, working together to serve clients with local knowledge and global reach. It is an invitation-only network.
Member agencies in PRGN are represented by their owners who love connecting and sharing. Agency owners have invested heavily in these relationships over the years. This means any potential client will see the agency owners weigh in and connect on a new assignment involving multiple markets and agencies. This personal involvement and the close bond between the agency owners ensures agencies deliver high-quality service, strategy and execution. As owners regularly share information, agencies are quick to learn from one another and put new ideas, approaches, practices and technologies to use.
Network members are experienced and recognized authorities within their respective markets and specialty fields of practice. They provide expert counsel at local, national and international levels. The network currently has more than 50 members representing PRGN in close to 70 locations and is always targeting additional member firms to include the top 30 GDP nations as well as specialty agencies in major markets and cities around the world.
There are a wide range of benefits that come with membership in PRGN. One fundamental attraction of membership is that members are assured a level of exclusivity. While there may be exceptions as in the case of specialty practices, PRGN typically selects one agency from each market allowing for members to share information freely without any competitive concerns.
Further benefits include:
- Improvement of the individual agency’s international reach.
- Networking at PRGN’s bi-annual meetings – a platform to make lasting friendships and business relationships with agency owners from six continents.
- Unique positioning of individual agency in its local market as exclusive member of a global agency network and having partners in multiple markets making it capable of managing international assignments
- Use of the PRGN membership visuals on members’ collateral materials.
- Visibility through PRGN.com website.
- Use of and participation in PRGN’s social media channels to add to agency self-marketing and visibility.
- Business referrals gained from fellow members whose clients require PR services in member markets. In the past years potential business worth an average $5 million in annual net revenues were referred between member agencies.
- Business opportunities actively sought by and generated through the PRGN.com website
- Business opportunities as a result of member collaboration.
- PRGN seeks group deals and special rates from vendors and service providers for its membership.
- Recognition via PRGN Best Practice Awards, an annual awards contest with more than 100 entries from across the globe, competing for gold, silver and bronze trophies each year.
Prospective PRGN Member Qualifications
- An agency principal must commit to serving as the lead contact and agree to be responsive to requests from Network members, be involved in the organization’s growth and attend Network meetings on a regular basis (at least 75 percent of the membership meetings, generally held twice annually)
- The agency principal must have a minimum of 10 years in the public relations profession with at least three years in an agency environment.
- The agency must have either been in business for a minimum of five years and have at least $500,000 in annual public relations fees, or have been in business for a minimum of three years and have at least $750,000 in annual public relations fees. “Gross revenues” or “advertising” fees do not count toward “public relations fees.”
- The agency must adhere to the code of ethics established by the PRSA and adopted by the Network.
- The agency is required to pay membership dues on a regular and timely basis.